Customize your Twitter account with Plume for Twitter Widget
Plume for Twitter Widget is one of the most beautiful Twitter clients for Android. This Android widget allows you to fully customize your Twitter, for example by adding colors to your timeline. Plume for Twitter was originally known as Touiteur but Twitter requested the Android widget developers to change its name.
Setting up the Android widget
First of all, you should add the Android widget to your Home screen to use Plume Widget’s functions.
Plume for Twitter allows 5 different widget sizes (2×1, 4×1, 4×2, 4×3, 4×4). From sizes 4×2 and above this Android widget lets you activate the ‘Scrollable function’. This option allows the widget to be scrollable and works only with some home replacements (also known as ‘Android Launchers’) such as: ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro, etc. The widget developers recommend you to check this option only if your home application supports it. Furthermore, the stock home or HTC Sense doesn’t support it.
The main Home Screen widget functions (size 4×2 and above)
- New Tweets – You can write new Tweets including attachments, links, mentions, etc.
- 3 Views – Timeline, mentions and private messages.
- Refresh button – You can check for new Tweets by clicking on the refresh button in the left bottom of the screen.
- Search – Plume for Twitter allows you to search for Twitter accounts or just for Tweets.
- Tapping on the Tweets you will be able to: reply, show profile, native retweet and check out the links & channels.
As we mentioned above Plume for Twitter provides you with lots of different features to configure its look and feel. Let’s take a look at the main functions you can play with by going to Menu > Settings > Customize:
- Font Size – Select the font size for the text (Small, Normal, Large, Larger, Extra-Large, Extra-Extra-Large).
- Hide Avatars – Never show avatars in the timeline.
- Pull to Refresh – Use the pull to refresh system.
- Swipe Scrolling – Allows scrolling between columns (it’s only available for Android 2.0+)
- Alternative Time – Displays the actual time rather than minute difference.
- Mention Highlight – Stripes or coloured corner.
- Bottom Bar Color – Change the main bottom bar color.
- Gradients Colors – This Android widget allows you to display your Tweets using gradient effect.
- Theme – Display the timeline with one of the following color theme (Dark Theme or Light one).
- Rounded Profile Pictures – Plume for Twitter Widget lets you round your profile pictures.